Good evening and thanks for reading. Tonight, the Reds will play three against the mighty slumping Colorado Rockies, I only mentioned the slump because they were ranked #6 (https://sportsnutdumais.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/2013-mlb-regular-season-poll-2/), which happened in April (lol) and are now currently ranked #28 (which is #15 in the National League).
As for starting pitchers, Red send Bronson Arroyo, while Rockies deal with Jorge De La Rosa.
Bronson Arroyo: 5 1/3 IP, 8 H, 2 HR, 5 R, 3 BB & 2 SO
Jorge De La Rosa: 6 1/3 IP, 3 H, 2 HR, 3 R, 3 BB & 6 SO
Things to Consider for Tonight’s game:
- When facing Bronson Arroyo, batters have a 38% chance of scoring a run in an inning, while Jorge De La Rosa batters have a 36% chance this season. Arroyo against Rockies is unfavorable with a 56% chance
- Baserunners? Arroyo is allowing a .392 OBP to tonight’s batting order, batters hit .326
- For the Rockies, switching pitchers may have been their best option. Jeff Manship has never faced the Reds while Jorge De La Rosa has, De La Rosa has a .182 BAA and a .289 OBP, he has only faced Phillips, Votto, Ludwick, Bruce and Hanigan, the other 4 batters (Choo, Frazier, Cozart and Arroyo) will need to be agressive tonight against De La Rosa
- Last 10 games, Reds have only lost 1 game back (was 2.5 GB)
- Sweep Rockies and Pirates sweep Cardinals? Reds will only be .5 GB from Cardinals
- Enjoy tonight’s game!