- 35.1 IP/30 H/15 R/6 BB/20 SO/6 HR
- BAA .221/ERA 3.82/WHIP 1.02
- GRADE: 73.11% (C)
- RATES: 21.58% H/10.79% R/4.32% BB/14.39% SO/4.32% HR
- PER 9: 7.64 H/3.82 R/1.53 BB/5.09 SO/1.53 HR
Leake’s goals for the month of May:
- Pitch 6 to 7 innings per start. Leake pitched a high of 8 innings on April 9th at St. Louis
- Try to allow no more than 5 hits per start. Leake did allow less than 5 times 3 times in the month of April
- Allowing runs is a normal thing to do as a pitcher, but 3 or less is good for Leake. Leake allowed 3 or less in back to back starts against St. Louis and Pittsburgh on April 9th and 15th.
- Leake has been very good at allowing no walks. The goal is to allow no more than 1 walk per game, he has done it twice in back to back starts against St. Louis and Pittsburgh on April 9th and 15th.
- One thing Leake has to work on is getting strikeouts. The goal is 4 per start. He has thrown more than 4 strikeouts in a start, which was on April 15th against the Pirates.