The second to last ranking before the MLB season is over.
- 1-6 A
- 7-12 B
- 13-18 C
- 19-24 D
- 25-30 F
- BOSTON (1)
- DETROIT (2)
- LOS ANGELES DODGERS (6)
- ST. LOUIS (8)
- PITTSBURGH (3)
- CLEVELAND (7)
- KANSAS CITY (4)
- CINCINNATI (9)
- TEXAS (5)
- ATLANTA (11)
- BALTIMORE (12)
- OAKLAND (10)
- LOS ANGELES ANGELS (13)
- WASHINGTON (14)
- ARIZONA (15)
- SAN FRANCISCO (18)
- TORONTO (16)
- NEW YORK YANKEES (17)
- NEW YORK METS (21)
- TAMPA BAY (19)
- PHILADELPHIA (20)
- SEATTLE (22)
- SAN DIEGO (24)
- MINNESOTA (23)
- MILWAUKEE (25)
- MIAMI (27)
- CHICAGO CUBS (26)
- COLORADO (28)
- CHICAGO WHITE SOX (29)
- HOUSTON (30)
ON THE RISE
LOS ANGELES DODGERS 3
ST. LOUIS 4
SAN FRANCISCO 2
NEW YORK METS 2
SAN DIEGO 1
ON THE DECLINE
KANSAS CITY -3
TAMPA BAY -1
CHICAGO CUBS -1
NO CHANGE, STAYS THE SAME
LOS ANGELES ANGELS 0
NEW YORK YANKEES 0
CHICAGO WHITE SOX 0
YOU’RE DONE FOR THIS YEAR, MAYBE NEXT YEAR
Houston Astros (Last Playoff Appearance: 2005 World Series)
Miami Marlins (Last Playoff Appearance: 2003 World Series)
Chicago White Sox (Last Playoff Appearance: 2008 Division Series)
Chicago Cubs (Last Playoff Appearance: 2008 Division Series)
Minnesota Twins (Last Playoff Appearance: 2010 Division Series)
New York Mets (Last Playoff Appearance: 2006 League Championship Series)
Philadelphia Phillies (Last Playoff Appearance: 2011 Division Series)
Milwaukee Brewers (Last Playoff Appearance: 2011 League Championship Series)
Colorado Rockies (Last Playoff Appearance: 2009 Division Series)
San Francisco Giants (Last Playoff Appearance: 2012 World Series)
San Diego Padres (Last Playoff Appearance: 2006 Division Series)
Seattle Mariners (Last Playoff Appearance: 2001 League Championship Series)
Los Angeles Angels (Last Playoff Appearance: 2009 League Championship Series)
Toronto Blue Jays (Last Playoff Appearance: 1993 World Series)
Arizona Diamondbacks (Last Playoff Appearance: 2011 Division Series)
HANGING BY A THREAD
Cleveland Indians (2) DIV/Currently owns 2nd wild card spot (Last Playoff Appearance: 2007 League Championship Series)
Cincinnati Reds (5) DIV/Currently co-leads top wild card spot (Last Playoff Appearance: 2012 Division Series)
Pittsburgh Pirates (5) DIV/Currently co-leads top wild card spot (Last Playoff Appearance: 1992 League Championship Series)
Texas Rangers (6) WC (Last Playoff Appearance: 2012 Wildcard)
Kansas City (4) WC (Last Playoff Appearnace: 1985 World Series)
New York Yankees (3) WC (Last Playoff Appearance: 2012 League Championship Series)
Baltimore Orioles (3) WC (Last Playoff Appearance: 2012 Division Series)
Washington Nationals (2) WC (Last Playoff Appearance: 2012 Division Series)
GRAB THE CHAMPAGNE, WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!
- Detroit Tigers have a magic number of 2 to win the Central division, their concentration is the Cleveland Indians. The Tigers division clinch can happen Monday with win and Indians loss, or win the next two if Indians continue their winning strides.
- The AL Wild Card is a mess, Tampa Bay (Top Wildcard by .5 games) has a magic number of 7, this week is a good week for the AL wildcard teams.
- St. Louis Cardinals have won a playoff berth, but the division is next in their sights. The magic number for Cardinals is 5, their concentrations are on the Cincinnati Reds and Pittsburgh PIrates.
- Cincinnati and Pittsburgh are both tied for the top wild card spot, they can make it a two way race with wins and Washington loss or 2 wins from both teams. Nonetheless, this weekend’s finale with these two should be a dandy.
YOU GOT SEEDS, NOW PLANT THEM
- Boston can claim homefield advantage throughout playoffs with two wins and three losses from Athletics, the magic number is 5.
- Detroit and Oakland are battling for the 2 seed, Detroit has a magic number of 9 against Oakland
- The AL Wildcard, I’ll let that one play out, it is only one game.
- All three division leaders will be battling for home field advantage, Atlanta leads St. Louis by 1 game but leads Los Angeles by 2 games, the Braves magic number to claim homefield is 5.
- St. Louis will also battle for 2nd seed and homefield, St. Louis’ magic number on Dodgers is 6.
- Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, wait till the weekend.