Good day Cincinnati, I guess luck was on Cincinnati’s side, with the Cardinals and Pirates losing to put the Reds only 2.5 games back. That is good and with 4 series left this year in MLB, Reds still have a shot to win the division, if Reds win and the top of the Central loses.
As for last night’s game, Johnny Cueto looked good and it was promising with 5 innings of work to qualify for the win and only put in 82 pitches.
The Grades from last night are promising and here is to hoping that it continues tonight in Houston
STARTERS: Johnny Cueto
- 5 IP, 5 H, BB & 5 SO
- 0.00 ERA & 1.20 WHIP
- GRADE: 93.33 (A)
BULLPEN: Alfredo Simón and Logan Ondrusek
- 4 IP, 2 H, ER & 3 SO
- 2.25 ERA & 0.50 WHIP
- GRADE: 84.72% (B)
- If it was shutout, can’t win em’ all, Grade would of been a 97.22% (A), nonetheless, Bullpen is good
Baseball-reference is currently going through a fix, so I only got the box score, which is provided by biased network ESPN.
Mike Leake: 6 IP, 8 H, 3B, HR, 2 R, BB & 4 SO
Jordan Lyles: 5 2/3 IP, 6 H, 2 2B, 2 HR, 4 R, 3 BB, 3 SO & HBP
Things to Consider:
- Magic Number is 8 at the moment, with the Washington Nationals playing a Day-Night doubleheader (playing makeup of yesterday’s tragedy, which is located a mile away from Nationals Park). If Nationals lose the afternoon game, Magic Number is 7 and Reds win and Nationals lose, magic number is 5 and the NL East will be clinched, which leaves the Nationals not much hope for a playoff spot.
- Pirates are playing at 7, here is to another shutout from Padres pitching to make Pittsburgh feel scrutinized to play for division
- Cardinals are playing later than Reds, but Colorado can surprise St. Louis again.
- Here is to hoping the Reds are 1.5 games out of 1st place and top division spot, it ain’t over till it’s over.