What a week for Cincinnati Reds fans, going 6-1 against St. Louis and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Here are some photos from the week.
Tweets from last night.
The Pitching Grades for this weekend’s assignments:
Mike Leake, Mat Latos and Homer Bailey:
- 21 2/3 IP, 20 H, 7 ER, BB, 17 SO & 3 HR
- 2.91 ERA & 0.97 WHIP
- 8.3 H/9, .4 BB/9, 7.1 K/9, 1.2 HR/9
- GRADE: 78.46% (C+), Grade reflects on ERA and WHIP
- Mike Leake received a 83.33, the best out of the three
- Mat Latos received a 70.63, the worst out of the three
- Homer Bailey received a 80.95
Manna (Papa) Parra, Aroldis Chapman, Zach Duke, Alfredo Simón, Sam LeCure & J.J. Hoover
- 6 1/3 IP, H & 10 SO
- 0.00 ERA & 0.16 WHIP
- 1.4 H/9, 14.2 K/9
- GRADE: 99.12% (A)
- Manny (Papa) Parra, Aroldis Chapman, Zach Duke, Alfredo Simón and Sam LeCure received a 100.00% for their efforts
- J.J. Hoover received a 96.67%, only allowed a hit
- 85.06 (B) (St. Louis Cardinals 9-2/9-5)
- 78.46 (C) (Los Angeles Dodgers 9-6/9-8)
- Average Grade: 81.76 B
- 89 (B) (St. Louis Cardinals 9-2/9-5)
- 99.12 (A) (Los Angeles Dodgers 9-6/9-8)
- Average Grade: 94.06
Now on to this week. The Reds finish off two division series against the Chicago Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers. Reds are only 1.5 Games back from the St. Louis Cardinals and virtually tied with the Pittsburgh Pirates, but are the third team because Reds are behind in PCT with a 0.001. The 1st Place Cardinals face the Milwaukee Brewers and Seattle Mariners at home all week, while the Pittsburgh Pirates are on the road facing the Texas Rangers and come back home against the Chicago Cubs, whom the Reds are facing today.
The NL Central race for the division is at its best with only 1.5 games back, but the Reds have to do a few things to win a division. The Cardinals, front runners, own the tiebreaker against the Reds (11-8), but do not own the tiebreaker against the Pirates (9-10), Reds have to win 1 more game than Cardinals to avoid tie breakers. What about the wild card spot? Reds have a magic number of their own against the Diamondbacks and Nationals, with 12 being the number. Reds have to win and the Cardinals are pacing to win 94 games this season, so 13-5 is a goal to go with, since the Reds only winning teams left are the Pittsburgh Pirates (.570), while the remaining 12 games have a winning PCT of (.411). Right now, Reds are hot and a little help from the Brewers or Mariners this week could be a factor for Reds.
Travis Wood: 6 IP, 5 H, 2B, HR, 3 R, 2 BB, 6 SO & HBP
Bronson Arroyo: 7 IP, 6 H, 2 2B, R, BB & 3 SO
Things to Consider:
- Got to keep on trucking along, Reds have rode into huge momentum in this homestand going 6-1 against Cardinals and Dodgers and have been 7-3 in the last 10 games.
- Travis Wood’s 2013 against Reds: 4 Games, 0-3, 27 IP, 19 H, 11 ER, 8 BB, 19 SO & 2 HR. Has a 3.67 ERA and 1.00 WHIP. Grade comes in at 74.07% (C). Per 9 innings, 6.3 H/9, 2.7 BB/9, 6.3 K/9, .2 HR/9. K/BB is 2.4.
- Bronson Arroyo’s 2013 against Cubs: 2 Games, 2-0, 13 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 9 SO & HR. Has a 2.08 ERA and 0.77 WHIP. Grade comes in at 84.19% (B). Per 9 innings, 5.5 H/9, 1.4 BB/9, 6.2 K/9. K/BB is 4.5
- Enjoy the game and Go Reds!