Good morning from Sports Insights and here is some good news to start off the day. The Reds won, the Great 8 reunited at Great American Ballpark and the Pirates lost, now that is all good news right there. Now as all remember, the most feasible thing to do for the Reds to do when the Cardinals and Pirates play is to sweep the Dodgers and the Cardinals take 2 out of 3 against the Pirates, which would mean 2nd place is .5 GB and 1st place is 1 full game back. As for my input, play it out and see what happens.
- Mike Leake receives a 83.33%, 5 hits and 2 earned runs in 7 2/3 IP
- Both Manny (Papa) Parra and Aroldis Chapman received 100%, didn’t allow a walk, hit, or an ER.
Zack Grienke: 6 2/3 IP, 5 H, 2B, HR, 3 R, 2 BB & 7 SO
Mat Latos: 6 IP, 7 H, 2B, 2 R, 2 BB & 5 SO
Things to Consider:
- Rematch. Both Grienke and Latos both pitched against each other, and Latos won the battle.
- Grienke’s last 5 starts against Cincinnati: 34 IP, 21 H, 11 R (9 ER), 7 BB, 38 HR & 4 HR
- Latos’ last 5 starts against Los Angeles: 36 IP, 30 H, 8 R (7 ER), 7 BB, 28 SO & HR
- Grienke has a 2.38 ERA in the last 5, while Latos has a 1.75 ERA
- Grienke has been hot, posting a 1.42 ERA in his last 7, while Latos has been 1.93.