What a game by Mat Latos and with the way he has handled the St. Louis Cardinals this season, I would put him as the Wild-Card starter against St. Louis, if the results follow with that, but don’t get ahead when the Los Angeles Dodgers are coming in to town, that is when the discussion starts for playoffs.
Now that Latos is finished playing the Cardinals this season, here are the Cumulative numbers and the average start against the Cardinals.
- Cumulative: 3-1 (4-1 Reds), 34 IP, 30 H, 12 R, 9 ER, 5 BB & 20 SO
- Average: 6 2/3-7 IP, 6 H, 2.4 R, 1.80 ER, BB & 4 SO
- 2.38 ERA and a 1.03 WHIP
So you thought Adam Wainwright has been dominant against the Reds in the past? Well, the past is the past and here is what the Reds have done to him this year.
- Cumulative: 22 IP, 30 H, 19 ER, 7 BB, 18 SO & 3 HR
- Average: 5 1/3-5 2/3 IP, 7.50 H, 4.75 ER, 1.75 BB, 4.50 SO, 0.75 HR, 7.77 ERA & 1.68 WHIP
Looks like Mat Latos will be the starter against the Cardinals in the one game playoff. As for the Cardinals, Wainwright has lost the title of Ace against the Reds in that one game playoff and Cardinals will be pursuing one, if they have to.
Some tweets regarding this series
Now to Game 139 Pitcher Prediction stat line:
Michael Wacha: 6 2/3 IP, 5 H, 2 2B, 2 BB & 12 SO
Homer Bailey: 5 2/3 IP, 9 H, 2 BB, 2 HR, 4 R, 2 BB & 4 SO
Things to Consider
- Michael Wacha has only pitched to Reds batters in ONE appearance, that was when Wainwright pitched two glorifying innings against the Reds last week, has not pitched since then.
- Bailey has a 3.48 ERA at Great American Ballpark this season, has a 1.07 WHIP as well. Both numbers are better than the road
- The Pittsburgh Pirates, they are trying to win their 81st game of the season for the first time since 1992, ever since I was born or 3 months OLD. Tonight could be a historic night in Major League Baseball.